The Oktoberfest comes from 1810 when Prince Luis I of Bayern organized 7 party days with an open bar of beer to celebrate his wedding with Teresa de Sajonia.
The biggest and the most international German event of the year is happening now. You have probably heard about the Oktoberfest. Big glasses of beer, Weisswurst, Strudel, Bratwurst, Brezel, Lederhose & Dirndl… most of the cities and events are turning into a fully German experience.
In Barcelona, as a preferred destination for a big German community, this event has also a strong importance. Most probably you have heard about the Oktoberfest in La Fira, next to Plaza Espanya. It is possibly the biggest event happening in this period but not the only one.
We would like to present you some alternatives to celebrate your own Oktoberfest with your people. Avoid long lines to get your beer or your brezel and check this cool options:
- Meet your friends at Alt Heidelberg: Find this typical German restaurant next to Plaza de Universitat. German beers and traditional dishes in the hearts of Barcelona.
- Try L’Ovella Negra: Another place to meet your friends and drink some beer with music. It is a great option if you want to improvise your plan. Keep it in mind. It is also located in the city center and it is perfect to start the night.
- What about something different? Do you speak German? Try this City Ghost Tour in German. Walk through El Raval, Barri Gòtic, and Ribera at night and learn more about the horrors and mania of bygone days.
- Another German Restaurant keeping the traditional style is. The reviews speak about its reputation!– Typical German fast food, all kind of sausages with fries. Good treatment and generous dishes!
– Lovely German experience in Barcelona! Great sausages, fries and sauces.
– The staff is very friendly, the owner welcomes every visitor personally.
- Try the homemade Brezels at Pretiola in Born. Cozy and traditional.