Officially, the 22nd of September will be the date when the Autumn starts. This means that the summer is going to end very soon. Luckily, if you are living in Barcelona, you probably know that we will have a longer summer. Normally, here you can still have good weather until late October.
September is an important month in Barcelona. It is true that you can feel a bit of stress or pressure because the people are getting back to their routine and the post holidays feeling. However, this period is full of activities that you cannot miss.
We have created this summary for you to add to your calendar:
- Festes de la Mercè : This is probably the most important event happening in September. It will take place between the 22nd-25th and definitely you have to participate! We will post a whole article full of information about it very soon. Do not miss it!
- Festa Major del Poblenou : If you don’t have plans between the 8th-17th of September, we can recommend you to go for a walk in Rambla del Poblenou. Bingo, expositions, games, concerts, photography quizzes, traditional food tasting and much more. If you want to have a local experience you have an appointment here. Check the full schedule here: https://www.festamajorpoblenou.org/
- Brunch in the park : In September this event will take place 3 times. The first 3 Sundays of the month you can attend this electronic music festival in Montjuïc. It is a very funny event where you can go and enjoy the live music of good DJs the whole day. You can buy the tickets here: http://barcelona.brunch-in.com/
- Festa Major de Sant Miquel : You probably have been several times in Barceloneta but, have you visited it in this period? Reserve the last weekend of September to take part of the concerts, traditional events, correfoc and the rest of the events happening here. Highly recommended and everything totally free.
- Diada Nacional de Catalunya : On the 11th of September Barcelona commemorates the Catalan National Day. Feel free to go to the streets and feel the vibes of this important day in the Catalan culture. A lot of people decide to go to Montserrat, as a symbol to celebrate this day.
As you can see, September is full of events and activities going around. Enjoy this period before the cold months come to Barcelona and #makethebluexperience.