Summer had officially started some weeks ago, so this means HOLIDAYS! If you are staying these months here in Catalunya you will, of course, suffer very high temperatures but one of the best solutions to overcome the warm weather is to spend the day at the beach!
If you are passionate about going to some hidden places or to enjoy the most incredible beaches in Catalunya, do not hesitate to continue reading this article.
In or close to Barcelona
- Platja Sant Sebastià: Is one of the oldest and traditional beaches in Barcelona. It is a beach in the neighborhood of Barceloneta (Ciutat Vella) in Barcelona. It is one of the largest beaches in Barcelona with an approximate length of 1,100 meters in length. The beach offers plenty of services and you can easily access there from Barceloneta metro stop.
- Platja del Garraf: between Sitges and Vilanova i la Geltrú there is a quiet and isolated coastline near the town of Garraf. The beach also known as Garraf houses due to the wooden huts that makes up this old seaside part of el Garraf. It has all kinds of services such as showers, toilets, sun umbrellas, as well as a hotel and some restaurants and it is easily accessible with the train.
- Cala Aigua Xelida: Between rocks and pine trees that reach almost to the seashore, this small cove is 25 meters long, and about 12 meters wide. It is located at the north of Tamariu, you can access walking from Tamariu’s beach. It is a very quiet place for families and swimmers who love the comfortable beaches of fine sand in the middle of nature.
- Cala Estreta: Situated at the Costa Brava, near Palamós and the gardens of Cap Roig, lies the fascinating Cala Estreta. This paradise of nudists and quiet people impresses for its natural environment of rocks and pine forests, for its fine golden sand and superficial marine bed and crystalline water.
- Cala l’ Illa Roja a Begur: located between two cliffs, we find this nudist bay. It has an idyllic situation, is characterized by its transparent water and is dominated by a prominent rocky cliff of a red color that gives the name of the cove. It is a quiet place, with thick golden sand. No services available
- Cala de Tamarit: Small cove with stunning views of Tamarit Castle, situated above the sea. Surrounded by cliffs, to which you can climb and enjoy unbeatable views. It is a very touristy area in summer, but the beach is hidden away from tourists. Ideal for a picnic and enjoy this little paradise in the sunny summer in Tarragona.
- Estany Podrit: It is the most beautiful beaches in l’Ametlla de Mar. As in most of them, you can find the pines that are reaching the beach with complete crystalline water. It has 15 m of amplitude by 60 m of longitude, accessible by car or walking. It is a virgin beach, with daily cleaning, although it does not have services, except showers.